|Outcome: ||Families from 7 urban quarters of Jinotega improve their waste management|
|Indicator:||200 families from 7 urban quarters of Jinotega adopt three good environmental practices of waste management with focus on ecological and economic sustainability.|
Step 1: Identify the key concepts of the indicator
200 families from 7 urban quarters of Jinotega adopt three good environmental practices of waste management with focus on ecological and economic sustainability.
- good environmental practices
- waste management
- ecological sustainability
- economic sustainability
Step 2: Define the key concepts of the indicator
What are good environmental practices (GEPs)?
GEPs are important contributions to the preservation and sustainable management of environment and the living conditions of the population, being their general characteristics the following:
- They have a positive impact on the environment.
- They are appropriate for the local conditions of the territory.
- They are part of a permanent process of collective learning.
- They take into consideration the knowledge of the subjects involved.
- They must be culturally, economically, socially and ecologically sustainable.
What do we understand in the framework of this project by good environmental practices of solid waste management?
- Use of cloth bags or macen bags for shopping.
- Separation of organic and inorganic waste.
- Separation of paper, aluminium and glass.
- Production of organic fertilizer.
- Elimination of the burning of plastic, rubber and toxic waste.
- Separation of toxic waste such as batteries, etc.
- Reduction of clandestine rubbish dumps.
- Cleaning of the street in front of the houses…